- 1.2 litre vegetable stock
- 320 g arborio rice / carnaroli rice
- 300 g (1) courgette, cubed
- 120 g onions / shallots, chopped
- 45 g + 30 g grana cheese / parmigiano cheese, grated
- 60 ml white wine
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 45 g butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 10 g black pepper, large pinch
- Salt, several large pinches
Sauté garlic and onions or shallots in 30 g of butter plus oil for 10 minutes, add the rice, toast, deglaze with the wine.
Add the stock a ladleful at a time to absorb the rice, about 20 minutes.
Add salt and test for taste, add more if necessary.
Place several knobs of butter on top, sprinkle three tablespoons of cheese followed by the black pepper, cover and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
Serve garnished with more cheese.