Generally made with a litre of broth, 2 eggs, a few tablespoons of finely grated cheese and a pinch of salt (and sometimes with a couple of hundred grams of pasta) for a quick and modest meal, some versions call for a few aromatics and even a little amount of lemon zest.
- 1.5 litres meat broth / vegetable stock
- 4 eggs
- 90 g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, finely grated
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (optional)
- 5 g salt
- 4 sprigs parsley, chopped
- Black pepper, large pinch
- Nutmeg, several gratings
Break the eggs into a large bowl. Add the cheese and seasonings and, if using, the zest. Whisk vigorously for several minutes.
Heat the broth or stock, pour the egg mixture into the pot, stirring constantly for 30 seconds.
Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring a few times.