- 1.5 litres water
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled, sliced thin
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 500 g smoked pork, sliced thin
- 300 g carrots, cubed small (optional)
- 5 g salt
- 300 ml crème fraîche / sour cream
- 200 ml vegetable stock, home-cooked
- 150 g semi-hard cheese, grated
- 60 g shallots, sliced thin
- 50 g hard cheese (e.g. parmigiano), grated
- 30 g blue cheese (optional)
- 30 g butter
- 2 tbsp white wheat flour
- 5 g black pepper
- 5 g nutmeg, grated
- 5 g paprika
- Salt, large pinch
- 2 sprigs parsley
Cook cauliflower, onions and potatoes together in salted water for 5 minutes. If using cook carrots separately in salted water.
Fry shallots in butter, dust with flour, sauté for a minute or two. Stir in the vegetable broth and cream, season. Add the semi-hard cheese and, if using the blue cheese. Simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes.
Layer the cauliflower in a baking dish followed by the potatoes, onions and smoked pork pieces.
Pour the sauce over the vegetables, sprinkle with hard cheese.
Bake at 175°C for 45 minutes.
Serve garnished with parsley.