ANDORRA CATALONIA SPAIN
Arguably the best slow-cooked lamb in Europe. For guidance.
- 2 kg lamb leg / shoulder with bone
- 1 litre sunflower oil
- 120 g honey
- 15 g black pepper, coarse ground
- 5 g salt
- 2 large rosemary sprigs
- 4 long marjoram sprigs
- 6 long thyme sprigs
- 800 g carrots, cut into julienne strips
- 800 g courgettes / zucchini, cut into julienne strips
- 800 g white leeks, cut into julienne strips
- 150 ml olive oil
- 100 g flour
- 10 g salt
- 30 ml olive oil
- 30 ml sherry vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice
- Salt, large pinch
Preheat oven to 200ºC. Place the leg or shoulder, bone side down, into a large deep baking tray, sprinkle with salt. Coat with honey and black pepper. Pour oil into the tray, push herb sprigs into the oil. Reduce temperature to 80ºC, bake for 17 hours.
While the lamb is resting, about an hour, heat three tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan. Salt and flour the carrots, fry until crispy. Repeat with courgettes and leeks.
Serve lamb and vegetables with vinaigrette.