This Romanian bean salad is ideally made with fresh beans but it is often made with reconstituted dried white beans. Cucumber and dill salad is a constant on Balkan menus, combined with beans this is a meal in itself.
- 400 g cucumbers, peeled, sliced
- 200 g white beans, cooked
- 75 g red pepper, chopped large
- 50 g scallions / spring onions, sliced
- 15 g dill
- 100 ml oil
- 15ml vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard
- 5 g black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp salt
Dissolve salt in the vinegar, stir in mustard and pepper, add to oil. Pour into a clean jar and shake vigorously.
Combine the beans with the cucumbers, onions and peppers in a large bowl, add the vinaigrette and mix thoroughly.
Serve garnished with the dill.