Coriander stalks, green chillies and kaffir lime leaves give this paste (and the consequent dish) its distinctive green colour, but it is the galangal, lemon grass and shrimp that give it the aromatic flavour.
- 150 g green coriander stalks, chopped small
- 150 g shallots, chopped small
- 135 ml water
- 2 (40 g) lemon grass stalks, chopped small
- 3 cm (40 g) galangal, chopped small
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped small
- 5 fresh green chillies
- 15 g black peppercorns
- 15 g shimp paste
- 5 Kaffir lime leaves
Blend ingredients, divide into 150 g portions, freeze.